Jamia Millia Islamia is a world fame university.Students from different countries come here to get quality education.
Jamia Millia Islamia offers admission to foreign nationals under the General category, ICCR sponsored catagory and 15% supernumerary seats (5% for NRI wards) in various programs, except B.D.S.
Foreign Candidates under the General category
(1) Candidates of foreign origin may apply as Regular candidates under General category only apart from applying against supernumerary seats . Admission of such candidates shall be subject to the laid down eligibility conditions of the concerned program and their position in the merit list of the entrance test and other components of the entrance test, wherever applicable. Provided further that the number of such candidates shall not exceed 10% of the regular seats.
(2) The process of admission for foreign candidates applying under General category shall be same as of general category students. However, the program fee shall be as mentioned under fee structure section.
These applicants are nominated/ sponsored by Government of India under various Scholarship Schemes of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Indian Diplomatic Mission for necessary information about these scholarships. Under this category, 5% seats over and above the regular seats shall be offered to them, subject to sufficient infrastructural facilities.
Foreign Students and NRIs Under Supernumerary Category
Those Foreign Students and NRIs who fulfil the eligibility criteria of the program of their choice but do not wish to appear for the entrance test and interview may be considered for admission under this category. Admission to such candidates shall be given according to the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination. The fee structure and related rules are given in the relevant section.
Applicants seeking admission under Supernumerary Category are advised to send their applications on the prescribed form which can be obtained from the Office of the Foreign Students’ Advisor on payment of Rs. 600/- or can be downloaded from the university website.
Under this category, 15% seats may be made available over and above the regular seats out of which 5% shall be earmarked for NRIs (Non-Resident Indians), their spouses, dependent son/daughter inclusive of legally adopted children. Provided that if sufficient number of applicants are not available either in NRIs or Foreign Passport holder (FPH) category, the vacant seats may be filled with applicants from the other category i.e. FPH to NRIs or vice versa.
General Guidelines and Rules for Admission
(1) Minimum eligibility qualifications for foreign students will be the same as for Indian students for each program mentioned in the University Prospectus.
(2) The program on which eligibility is to be relied upon must be from an Institute included in the list of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). New Delhi-110002 (http://www.aiuweb.org)
(3) In case the University/Board is not included in the said list, the candidate has to obtain and submit an Equivalence Certificate to this effect from the Association of Indian Universities.
(4) English translations of all transcripts, duly attested, are to be submitted.
(5) Candidates applying from their own country should get their transcripts attested by the concerned accredited authorized government agency and also duly certified by the Indian Embassy or Consulate.
(6) For candidates applying from India, all attestation must be done by the concerned Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of the relevant country in India.
(7) Applicants may also collect their admission letter personally or send their authorized representatives to collect the same from the Office of the Foreign Students’ Advisor.
(8) On being granted admission, all applicants should produce their Students Visa within one month of completion of admission formalities.
(9) In case of failure to obtain a visa within the stipulated period, the admission shall stand cancelled. A copy of this visa is to be submitted in the Office of the Foreign Students’ Advisor, JMI.
(10) All foreign students (old/new) are required to fill a registration form available with the Office of the Foreign Students’ Advisor (FSA), JMI, within 15 days of joining the course. Bonafide certificates shall not be issued if this is not complied with.
(11) Upon arrival in India every foreign student must register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO) within 14 days from the date of first entry into India as per the prescribed applicable procedure. Following nis the address of FRRO:-
East Block, No. VIII, Sector-I, R.K. Puram, New Delhi. (Tel. No. 011-26711348
(12) Once admitted, all foreign students shall pay the fee prescribed for their admission category throughout the duration of the program. However, JMI reserves the right to revise the fee at any time.
Submission of Application Form
(1) Foreign students must apply through Foreign Students’ Advisor who may be contacted at the following address:
Office of the Foreign Students Advisor Jamia Millia Islamia
Tel: 91-11-26981717, 26985603, 26986176 Extn. 1760, 2959
(2) The following attested certificates & documents are required to be submitted with the application form under the Supernumerary Category
Foreign Passport Holder (FPH)
(i) Application form duly filled
(ii) Marks sheet/Transcript of X class
(iii) Proof of age
(iv) Marks sheet/Transcript of XII class/Pre-University
(v) Marks sheet / Transcript of Bachelors degree (in case of admission to P.G. course)
(vi) Copy of valid passport & visa
Non-Resident Indian (NRI Applicants)
(i) Application form duly filled
(ii) Marks sheet of class X
(iii) Proof of age
(iv) Marks sheet of class XII
(v) Marks sheet of Bachelors degree (in case of admission to P.G. course)
(vi) Copy of the passport of parent working abroad
(vii) Translated & attested copy of work permit/license to work of parent
(viii) Translated & attested copy of residence permit of parent
(ix) Letter from the employer of the parent
(x) Affidavit on Rs. 10 stamp paper from the parent for financial support
(xi) NRI Status Certificate issued by the Indian Embassy in the concerned country
(xii) In case an intervening period/gap is involved, a certificate/affidavit from a class I gazetted officer/Notary Public for the entire intervening period/gap showing candidate’s preoccupation after leaving the Institution last attended will be required.
Fee Structure and Related Rules
Category: ICCR Sponsored Candidates
All programmes of the UniversityAt par with Indian students
Category: Foreign Candidates Under General
Programmes of AJK MCRC, Faculty of DentistryUS $ 2500All programs offered by Faculties of Natural Science, Engineering & Technology, Architecture & Ekistics, Law, Education, Centre For Management Studies, Centre For Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation SciencesUS $ 1500All remaining programmes of the universityUS $ 500
Category: Supernumerary Seats
Programmes of AJK MCRCUS $ 4000Centre For Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation SciencesUS $ 3500All programs offered by Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Faculty Engineering & Technology, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Fine Arts, Centre For Management StudiesUS $ 3000All programs of the Faculty of Natural SciencesUS $ 2500All U.G., P.G. programs of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Humanities & LanguagesUS $ 2000All remaining Ad. Diploma, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate programs of the University.US $ 1000
Candidates under Supernumerary category shall be:
Charged an amount of Rs. 2000/- as admission fee and Rs. 8000/- as refundable security at the time of admission.Given a concession of US$ 500 if they are from SAARC Countries or they possess proper documentation of “Refugee Status”